background

Friday, October 7, 2011

Hanging Doll Exhibit

My doll club was given the opportunity to display our dolls in  local jewelry store, given one stipulation:  the dolls needed to be hung on the walls- shocker!


I had plans to make a plush seahorse doll that would fit into a pocket of seaweed on an embroidery hoop.  It was going to be a cute toy, but what came to be was entirely different.  I knitted the background fabric with a wonderfully soft yarn, Mochi Plus.  (The scarf I made of the same yarn is a little too short because of this project, but it was worth it!)  The seahorse is batiked cotton, embellished with beads.


The other club members found clever ways to display their dolls as well.  Katie Jones, Nita Butler, Julie Gausvik, Martha Jungclaus and Andrea Baughman contributed many beautiful dolls.


And my future doll maker hung out with her favorite artists at the gallery opening.

Julie, Bea, and Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment